Monday 3 September 2012

Daily wisdom: What we need to know

         "Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know." ~ Pema Chodron. 

This being the case it is pointless fighting against the universe, against the people we perceive as causing us pain, it is pointless getting anxious, doubting, worrying or living in fear.

Resistance will teach us nothing, it will take us nowhere, it will destroy our happiness. Resistance and fear serves only to fuel the situation and attract more of the same into our life until we "SEE" what we need to see and "LEARN" what we need to learn.


That which we perceive to be the problem is in fact the path. The path to spiritual growth, understanding and through mastery over situations - the path to deep peace and serenity.


If you are faced with challenging people or situations and want to shift it quickly, you must work with it, not against it. Happiness doesn't fall in our lap - we must be willing to work for it.
 

  A prayer for those who believe in it's power :
Dear God (Buddha/Higher Power) I am faced with a challenging situation and I'm not sure what to do about it. The harder I try to remove the problem or fix it the worse it seems to become. The more I run from the problem, the more it keeps showing up in other areas of my life. I am exhausted and I need your help.

Forgive me for I am still learning that I do not need to do this on my own. I am still learning that it is my own mind and perception that creates and fuels the situation, therefore it cannot also be the answer. I need a healed perception.


Please show me what it is I need to see, teach me what it is I need to learn. Please reveal to me how I may take this situation and use it for the greatest good. I place my complete faith and trust in You.


I accept nothing less than Your will for me. Please help me to quieten my mind so that I may hear Your guidance above all the noise and distraction in my life. Today I will keep a space open for You and know I am following Your will when I feel deep peace and serenity. Thank you in advance for Your guidance. Thank you in advance for the miracle I am about to receive. Thy will be done. Amen

No comments: